Tuesday 1 November 2016

Claymation

Claymation Animation
Claymation Animation is when you use some sort of 3D Molding material such as Clay, it is very similar to cut out animation but cut out is 2D, with Claymation you get more freedom. Some popular Claymation are things like Wallace and Gromit,Shaun the Sheep and Morph.

What did we do?
We were set a task to work individually but I didn't have a phone with me and had to share a camera we ran into problems with the camera and ended up working together. I had already created a crocodile so my partner created another one a different color and make them look like there swimming beside each other but started to do random ideas and didn't really have a story or a meaning.

I think it went quite well but I would've preferred to work by myself if I had the equipment but time was running so we went this idea.

Our Animation 






























I think this turned out quite alright, i just wish i was able to keep the camera in the correct place, which created the movement you can see. Also when you moved the models sometimes the paper would meaning moving it back and then moving the camera to fit would mess up the shot.

Another Example

This is another film made by a small YouTuber, the story is basically just him at the bus stop who gets picked up. They took a lot of time on this and had a still camera which made the production value a lot better.



1 comment: